You are here: / Archives for Stephanie Scott
- My Favorite Bands: The Police
- Want a story created on the fly? I’ve got you covered. Please note, it’s going to get weird.
- My Favorite Albums: Violent Femmes: Violent Femmes
- I should probably stop texting people. Or maybe interacting with them, period.
- My Favorite Songs: St. Vincent: Cheerleader
- My Favorite Songs: Alt-J: Every Other Freckle
- I’m exhausting to live with.
- My Favorite Songs: twenty one pilots: Fairly Local
- Sickness = spending quality time bathing in the nurturing glow my nursemaid computer emits while I binge watch content as the showrunner intended. I’m nothing if not obedient. And anyway, what else am I going to do? Cough all night?
- ICYMI: YIPPEE-KI-AY. And I just realized I had a Huey Lewis and the News reference in the old post title. Apropros, Steph.
- ICYMI: The cough is back. The first draft of Elton’s song had completely different lyrics, you guys.
- It’s another rambler. I won’t say verbal vomit again. Merde!
- It’s a verbal vomit post because it’s been that kind of a day.
- Damn you, Bristow. You got DMB last night, and we missed ’em there this year.
- How does this kind of thing still happen? At a tennis MAJOR, no less?
- I’m a medical marvel! Probably.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, Lost Horizon (SPOILERS)
- Watch the smug, pretty people. There’s a reason you’re so popular, and it’s not what you think.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, Time & Life (SPOILERS)
- ICYMI: This one was a favorite of mine because the dude’s website that inspired it is pure hilarity!!
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, The Forecast (SPOILERS)
- Birds are spectacularly stupid. And apparently not averse to coming out of pocket for an extravagance if necessary.
- ICYMI: It’s the post that’s had the most views, so it’s probably appropriate to run it again, yes?
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, New Business (SPOILERS)
- My blog is two years old today + a month and change. I’m pretty awesome about keeping up with dates.
- Better Call Saul: Season Wrap-Up
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, Severance (SPOILERS)
- (Bi=Success, Uni=Failure) Prefixes are there for a reason, people.
- Jesse, I’m going to need you to give some of those fat stacks to me. (Also, I miss you, Breaking Bad!)
- Brain, why are we always at odds??? Focus. Please!
- Public bathroom stalls are in need of a design upgrade. Let’s make them bigger. Who’s with me?
- Dear Summer, I love you. I miss you. Please come back soon.
- I’m so ready to stalk all of these television shows because they’re back, baby!!
- Wherein I take a very long route to get to my point. Per uzh.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, Waterloo (SPOILERS)
- Dominion Riverrock 2014
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, The Strategy (SPOILERS)
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, The Runaways (SPOILERS)
- Field Day!
- Why I prefer to do my own graphics…
- Jack’s Back!
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, The Monolith (SPOILERS)
- Some people leave their mark on you.
- She’s a dog and still plays basketball better than I do. (sigh)
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, Field Trip (SPOILERS)
- This squirrel is nuts. This squirrel is ALL nuts.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, A Day’s Work (SPOILERS)
- She’s been right in front of me all along!
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 7, Time Zones (SPOILERS)
- I talk to my dog all the time. She’s less than interested.
- Lubrication is my middle name.
- Siri, will you join me in the shower?
- If you’re going to spill food, you’ve got to do it with panache.
- Dreams: Training Simulations for Totally Plausible Situations
- HIPAA, SCHMIPAA…. I can’t put you on my form because I don’t have your contact info.
- I wish I knew more about the year of Klorgbot.
- It’s Always Sunny’s “Hundred Dollar Baby” Recap
- I remember when this blog was just a wee little tot. Which it really still is. A year old though is still something to celebrate!
- Lexi has full run of the house. She’s drunk on the freedom.
- All hide and seek games should include a dog for optimum enjoyment.
- Purely hypothetical questions….
- Sweet Dee’s my favorite. Hands down. I love you, Charlie, but you’re a close second.
- It looks like science is ignoring my repeated requests, so I guess I’ll have to do it my own damn self.
- Looks like it’s time to buy some more toothbrushes again. It’s been at least 3 years since I changed my last one out.
- Today, we return to the age of refrigeration!
- Well, I guess he gets a lot of invites, but as long as he’s free, I’m definitely inviting Paul Rudd to my next party.
- Please ignore the weeping woman. She’ll get it together in 3, 2, …. Oh hell. There she goes again.
- I’d need a cool catchphrase. Something like, “Courageously Kicking Clutter to the Curb”. Yeah, that sucks. I’ll keep working on it.
- A year ago yesterday…
- I think I’m sending mixed signals.
- Hello? Oh HELLO! I’m delighted to speak with you long enough to tell you to NOT CALL AGAIN!
- Good grief!! I clearly applied a jinx to my favorite tennis players with yesterday’s post!
- My two favorite tennis players had incredible wins! CELEBRATE!
- Allegiant was amazingly awesome.
- Today is a bad day.
- Lexi, don’t eat that! Or that!
- Happy birthday, Dave Matthews!
- While I understand that smoked meats are the traditional fare, I like to think outside the box.
- Progressives: A.K.A WHAT WAS I THINKING?
- Federer+Edberg=I see dead people. Sorry. F+E=I see another slam title. Better?
- Fine! I’ll just call them intentions. Take that, haters.
- Magic vs. logic
- Happy 1st Birthday, Lexi!!
- You know, every dog doesn’t behave exactly like all other dogs. And that’s ok.
- My inner little girl desperately seeks the approval of my daughter.
- I think I just need to look at Lexi’s activities in a more positive light. So far, I’ve been spectacularly unsuccessful.
- I could watch J.J. Abrams and Stephen Colbert banter all day long.
- Country wave vs. city wave
- So, you’ve decided to get yourself a canine companion, huh?
- 15 days of writer’s block, and this is my triumphant return? It’s a post about my razor. Pfffft!
- I’ll just add another item to the con list for the end of Daylight Saving Time.
- How many viewings of ‘Pitch Perfect’ is a person allowed before people begin to question that person’s taste?
- The zombie that feasts on my brain will find it tastes of disloyalty. Is that a flavor?
- Canines aren’t cut out for navigating, ok? Eating, pooping, napping? You betcha. Maybe chasing a squirrel or two.
- I’m right-handed by default because my left hand is a slacker.
- You won the first round, but it’s not over, revolving security door. OK, you are a machine, and I’m merely a human. So, I guess it’s probably over.
- This is a public restroom. You can call back later. Really.
- Lexi is still adorable and still a pain in my ass.
- Breaking Bad: ‘Felina’ – I wouldn’t change a thing.
- Breaking Bad: ‘Granite State’ – Come on, Saul. Nebraska could be real nice. Your bunkmate is a complete nutter, though.
- Penis-shaped ‘shrooms would have really changed the tenor of Alice in Wonderland, I think.
- One of my celebrity crushes is Stephen Colbert. I’m only human after all.
- Breaking Bad: ‘Ozymandias’ – Jesse’s under new management. This new work environment makes Gus Fring’s look pretty cushy.
- When commercials work…
- I’m so glad they had Aaron Paul show up to deliver the line after others tried and failed.
- This post is late. I hope you didn’t trip or fall while waiting for instructions. I did. Let’s call it research.
- Breaking Bad: ‘To’Hajiilee’ – Why settle for blue meth when you can have bluish-if-it-catches-the-light-just-right instead? Todd’s cook has a more subtle style, yo.
- Joan Rivers: twerking. This is what Miley Cyrus has wrought. Let us all give thanks. I’m serious.
- Well, Fed, I think you can put the Andy Murray voodoo doll back in storage for the rest of the year.
- Federer lost. In straight sets. And you people are going about your day as if it’s no big thing.
- Breaking Bad: ‘Rabid Dog’ – Yo, Mr. White, I gave you a head start on a large-scale reno project for your house. Just strike a match.
- Day of sloth! Day of sloth!
- People trip all the time. It’s hard to know how to react. This post won’t help.
- What in the wide world of sports was Serena wearing to warm up last night?
- Breaking Bad: ‘Confessions’
- Like Fight Club, there are rules. Like chip in for gas, bloodsucker!
- In some cases, I think we can agree that vanity plates are asking us to gently mock their owner, yes?
- Breaking Bad: ‘Buried’ – The early bird gets the fat stacks and a chance to meet the disillusioned Santa on the roundabout.
- This, people. This is why I’m certain she is the spawn of Satan’s devil dog.
- I think Google Maps is funning with me.
- I don’t know if you’ve heard, but Breaking Bad was on last night.
- The sound of silence….cough cough COUGH COUGH
- Sleeping with giants, minis and beasts.
- I’m a horrible parent! I didn’t even know she was in school.
- This post is rated V for vomit mentions.
- Do you hear that? It’s the angels singing about this hair care product.
- She’s growing so fast.
- Sweet Baby Jesus! Tell me this isn’t true!
- Lexi’s pretty fun to roadtrip with provided you factor in one freak out per excursion.
- Project Runway gave me a chance to root for a normal Richmonder!
- I’m still not sure how they didn’t hear us…
- I don’t get the chance to play tennis nearly as much as I’d like.
- That’ll do, Phil. That’ll do.
- I’ve changed my mind. I don’t think I’m going to want to see Saul again after all.
- Making human sausages
- We spent the 4th and change in Charleston then a week in Kiawah and life was good.
- Let me be the billionth and one to write this same post. I want some minions.
- The joke’s on me. Of course, the joke’s always on me.
- Today Lexi gets the ol’ snipperoo.
- I negative rock at packing!
- Hush puppies. Full on savory, or a little bit sweet?
- Reunited and it feels so good!
- I need to find one of these. I’m going to search the heck out of Etsy for one.
- Canine friends, I may have a problem.
- You guys know about simple syrup, right? Of course you do.
- I missed this process “improvement” discussion. I’d like to give feedback.
- So, we got a boat.
- Wimbledon 2013 = meh
- Good news! I didn’t include a picture of the tomato sandwich.
- I’m not sure how to tell her that her hugs have gotten awfully awkward.
- Um, excuse me? Am I confused? Wait, don’t answer that.
- Wimbledon Women’s Late Round Notes
- What is it about people dancing in a commercial that is supposed to make consumers purchase a product?
- I loathe the middle Sunday, but fortunately Manic Monday at Wimbledon is here!!
- I love Pixar, and Monsters University didn’t disappoint.
- Confession is good for the soul: I’m too invested in Roger Federer’s tennis career.
- Good morning, fellow traveler. I’m talking to you from inside my car. Can you hear me?
- Pickles, GET OFF my food!
- Peanut butter and kibble “cake” looks as nasty as it sounds, but Lexi was a fan.
- Happy 1/2 Birthday, Lexi
- Some songs should never be produced.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, The Finale
- Help me, parents. You’re my only hope. I’d ask Obi Wan, but I’m not sure he’d be of use here.
- She fixed my hair, y’all! I came out of the salon looking like a client and not a delivery person!
- I’ve finally found peace, Nantucket denizens.
- My canine baby is back home though it looks like she ran with a rough pack while she was in the pet hospital.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Twelve
- My canine baby spent last night in the hospital and I’m still not sure if she’s coming home today. No Mad Men post today.
- Dear NSA, Please disregard my prior browsing history.
- I suspect Pavlov would get a sadistic rush out of this.
- I got punk’d. Again.
- Confession is good for the soul: I’ll regret sharing this one….
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Eleven
- Today was a great day to be Lexi Dog Scott.
- I missed the Sharapova-Williams final, but I had two more important tennis players to follow today.
- Officer, arrest this man!
- If you’re driving to the hoop, you do NOT want Lexi on your court.
- Leave your message at the beep.
- My daughter is endlessly entertaining to me.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Ten
- Confession is good for the soul: logic puzzles
- It’s hip to be square. Right? Yeah, I didn’t think so.
- To Netflix or not to Netflix. That is the question.
- Coolest wedding photograph ever!
- Isn’t it the wrong time of year for colds/viruses?
- He had me at ‘a shyness that is criminally vulgar’
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Nine
- We got distracted halfway through our grass angel.
- Day trippers
- If birds could talk….
- Thursday’s theme is: confession is good for the soul.
- You’ve got ~50 years before you need to resort to that hairstyle. Why start now?
- Come on brain! We should be allies!
- What goes up must come down.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Eight
- ‘Arrested Development’ is coming soon!!!
- Bird’s got his/her siblings. No vacancies at The Nest.
- Happy 12th Birthday, JT!
- I haven’t performed a car concert in far too long.
- Dear Canine Friends,
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Seven
- Mad Men Post Coming Tomorrow
- Happy Mother’s Day!
- I hear they are registered at Insects-R-Us.
- We’re expecting babies! Bird babies! What?
- I specialize in totally unrelated items.
- This little piggy makes me want to run screaming all the way home.
- The pecking order sucks around here
- How are we supposed to seek refuge from Tail Tuck Lexi
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Six
- How did ‘This is 40’ fail me?
- Random stuff
- Stealth campaign?
- Possible judgement fail
- Of course we get the dog who wants to audition for ‘Jackass’!
- Listen. I know you’re lying.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Five
- Black tie events are made for kilts?
- Project Runway — I really enjoyed this season despite the teams twist.
- My copilot was strangely surly today.
- Today, something unfortunate happened.
- Bubbles! It’s serious business around here.
- Why have I not been watching this?
- I’m not informed enough to be a parent.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Four
- Stupid ‘Baby Boom’ messed with my plans!!
- I don’t want to hear about your dreams, honey.
- Because I’ve watched it a dozen times
- Gender roles? Nah, we just play to our individual strengths.
- Here’s a list of completely unrelated items.
- Folks, what we have here is a tail tuck!
- Today forward, I will strive to be the best version of myself.
- Thoughts on Mad Men: Season 6, Episode Three
- Today we ride!
- There’s a pantry class system? Who knew?
- I think my neurons and synapses could use a shot of caffeine.
- Nothing says Easter like competition!
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
- The windows are open, the birds are singing (outside!) and my heart is full.
- Finally, the ‘Mad Men’ premiere I’ve been anticipating for so long
- “Apply a warm compress for five minutes two to three times a day.”
- I drink my vegetables
- ‘Arrested Development’ is coming back!!!
- She’ll be here all week. Don’t forget to tip your waiter.
- My TV viewing will be so much more enjoyable. Buh-bye Corinne!
- Dear Uncle Jonah,
- These are a few of my favorite things.
- I like big words and I cannot lie
- Attention canines: A call to action!
- It’s a bird. It’s a plane. No, it’s a bird.
- Happy 8th Birthday, Anna!
- While I was busy procrastinating, I found a few things.
- Who has my voodoo doll likeness this month?
- You don’t have to go to school. Just don’t make that pitiful face anymore.
- I’m sure he’ll forgive the snub.
- It’s feeding time! It’s ALWAYS feeding time!
- Pantry uprising
- Hey brain, Christopher Walken?
- A message from Batdog
- I’m lucky I can’t hear their cries of pain….
- Marketers, start your engines.
- The call is coming from inside the house!
- Enough with this stupid weather!
- Share the road?
- Say this, not that.
- Word Nerds Apply Within
- Lexi Noir – Finally, I can say, “What up, dawg?” without having to invoke irony to get away with it.